We’ve had some great questions about customizing an individual teacher’s view. In this post I’ll give a quick tutorial on the things you can customize and then add those questions to the FAQ page so you can easily find them later if you need to.
There are several things you can customize in Account Settings. To change your Account Settings, click on the person icon and then click on Account Settings.
Once there, you can choose the application you would like to log in to. If most of the time you log in to take attendance or enter scores, you would probably prefer to log in to Campus Instruction. If you spend a lot of time searching for student information, you might want to log in to Campus Tools.
Account Settings also lets you indicate some preferences. Below the drop down, there are five check boxes. They include: Show Active Students Only, Show Student Number, Show Student Photo, Use Seating Chart for Attendance, and Use Canned Comments.
- Show Active Students Only: Most of the time you probably only want to see those active in the course but there are times you might need to see a student who recently dropped the class or had a schedule change.
- Show Student Number: If a class list might be visible to others for some reason, you might not want student numbers showing. Often student numbers are linked to account information, like a lunch account.
- Show Student Photo: At the beginning of a term it might be helpful to see photos to help learn names, but later in the year, you might prefer to hide them so more information can fit on the screen.
- Use Seating Chart for Attendance: You can use your seating chart for attendance if you use the attendance tab. It’s not available yet in the Control Center.
- Use Canned Comments: When enabled, you can use your school or district’s entered canned comments.